Pattern mixing is back and we're here to help you do it!
Pattern mixing is part art, part science. There is a right & a wrong way to implement this trend into your wardrobe, so here are some basic rules (with examples) to help you:
1. Choose one print to dominate and one as an accent.
2. Keep your patterns in the same color family.
3. Pick 2 different prints that share a single color.
4. Mix the same print but in different colors.
5. Mix the same print but invert the colors & play with size.
6. Treat stripes as a neutral.
7. Use textured (& monochromatic) fabrics as prints.
8. Pair neutral prints with a colorful print.
9. Use a solid layer on top to tone down the paired patterns.
10. Layering with dresses allows you to use more than just a top & skirt to pair patterns.
11. Be adventurous. It is all about being confident in what you are wearing!